Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sundays are for Fashion

As I get closer and closer to becoming a married woman my need for modest clothing becomes more and more apparent. However I live in Nevada and we don't house "Sin City" for nothin. Our clothing stores don't exactly care to meet the needs of people, like myself, who want to dress modestly and still remain fashionable... so sometimes you have to get creative.
Etsy.com is a wonderful website full of crafty people who create everything from jewelery to cake toppers. If you desire it they can make it. Today after a long look at all my favorite designers (BCBG, JCrew, FreePeople, etc.) I came to the conclusion that the only way to remain sane in this struggle to be fashionable and modest was to find some skirt extenders. Etsy was there to save my day. "A Slip Shop" had amazing and beautiful solutions for every skirt and dress in my wardrobe.
Skirt extenders are basically slips with large ruffles or fabrics attached to the end of them. You can stick them under your dress or skirt and they can add the much needed length that tall girls like myself sometimes need. Needless to say if you are a good seamstress you could of course do this yourself, but for the rest of us we are thankful for the creative people who will sell us the things we need.
May is coming, but I will be modest and fierce in my same old dresses with my new skirt extenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment